Northern CA hunting recommendations

Another vote for joining Wilderness Unlimited. You can also have some nice hunts on public land, especially if you draw one of the good 'X' zones.
If you're willing to hike in a few miles, you'll increase your chances quite a bit and encounter far less humans.
And yes, the pot growers are all over, so be careful...

OP, DM me. I have spots I no longer use because I won't hunt this insane dangerous state anymore but you can try them out. They're on public land and take a walkin' to get to the good spots but if you don't know to go there you won't. Hunting in Kommiefornia SUCKS upside Texas.

OP, DM me. I have spots I no longer use because I won't hunt this insane dangerous state anymore but you can try them out. They're on public land and take a walkin' to get to the good spots but if you don't know to go there you won't. Hunting in Kommiefornia SUCKS upside Texas.
Interested can you dm me please. I can't do you for some reason

I'm fortunate to have access to private land, but I do have some contacts that run 1hog hunts around San Luis reservoir (about 30 minutes from Gilroy). They sell PLM deer and Elk tags as well.

Those PLM tags must be real expensive . I was told about private land blackmail hunts in that exact area running 6 to $7,000 dollars

Those PLM tags must be real expensive . I was told about private land blackmail hunts in that exact area running 6 to $7,000 dollars
They sell deer tags for $3k and cows for $3000k, bulls are $12500. Think they are only ranch with PLM bull tags in San Luis zone

I live in California spend the money and join a hunting club, Wilderness Unlimited or the Golden Ram. With the dope growers in Northern California becafeful on public land
This is _really_ good advice, on any public land North of SF, until November: After outdoor Fall harvest it should be safer. The drought conditions have probably made this more difficult/expensive for trespass growers; they also are present on large ranches. Remote areas, public or private, are much more likely to have active trespass growers if there's water available. Join a hunting club as suggested by Ronin75.

Welcome to California, its not all bad here. As far as deer hunting, start building points but I dont know that theres really anything worth more than 4-5 points anymore. B zone has some good hunting if you are willing to work. Are you into backpack hunting at all? There can be better hunting back in the wilderness areas but not always. Grab a bear tag, cause odds are you'll see a few. If theres anything I can help out with feel free to get ahold of me.

Oh just saw this thread is 3 years old lol. Hopefully you have figured out the hunting here since moving here!

I moved from Calif to Nevada two years ago. Last year I drew 3 Nevada tags. I have not drawn a premium Calif tag for 10 years and have max points for many species. I also own a duck club in north central Calif and the duck hunting - although improving is not like it was 30 years ago. And Pigs are more abundant than ever - most are on private lands and the guide fees can be quite steep - aproaching the cost of an out of state deer hunt. I use on x quite a bit to locate access points and public lands. It is the best tool for those who don't own their own property to hunt on.