Norma Brass Found - Question..

I found a good amount of Norma Brass(http://www.extremestore.us/brass/)
Was wondering what kind of case life you're normally seeing out them? I'm usually running mine 4-6 times which is about double I get out of any other brands. Anyone else seeing the same results?

I felt that the norma was a little soft. I've gotten as few as 1-2 firings in my 280 running slightly hot loads. The pockets stretched fast, I also noticed my 284 norma brass is thick. SO thick that I've crushed a few, I cannot size it without turning necks or getting a bigger bushing vs my necked up lapua 6.5x284 where I've had no issue.

My lapua I expect to get 8-10 firings if not 12 with mild loads. Norma is good no doubt and you'll pay for it but I, like most, prefer lapua.

In my opinion when you discuss Norma brass you have to determine the caliber you are talking about. I have used Norma to load many different calibers and I have found that how many times you can load the brass is sometimes determined by the caliber. Example I have some Norma 300 WSM, and 270 WSM brass that have be loaded more than 10 times. On the other had my 280 Norma, or 270 Norma does not hold up nearly as well.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.