Non Lethal Deer and etc options

nelson

A local farmer that I shoot a lot of varmits for called me today. Seems he has developed quite a problem with deer coming into his wifes garden and greenhouse area. He asked me If I could get him some bean bag roungs for his shotgun to deter the pesky bunch. Does anybody know if there is a way to legally purchase such a round in canada and if so would it be legal to shoot these at said deer, neighboors dogs etc.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Dont know about been bag rounds, but what we do is we use bb guns. Dont know if it legal here or there though. Putting the dogs on the chase works too as long as your dogs dont actually harm the deer or the deer hurt them. We have one mutt that ends up getting chased half the time and hiding under a truck or something.
Another thing that works are airsoft gun, they are like paint ball guns. A paint ball gun would work to it would probably hurt more then a bb too and it would mark them.
Well that my folks wisdom for the day.

I shot a doe a couple of weeks ago with my kids paintball gun. She took off like a bat out of hell and now they only eat the garden in the dark /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I shot a doe a couple of weeks ago with my kids paintball gun. She took off like a bat out of hell and now they only eat the garden in the dark

[/ QUOTE ]

I got two words: Night vision.

I got two more words: Laser pointer.

I got two more for ya: Team work.

You light 'em up and your kid shoots the red dot.

Me and the neighbor were planning on using this idea last year on night time yotes with a 12 guage. Maybe this year we will get a chance.

.22 mag for close work,.25-06 for the rest /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif cabellas has a plot saver concentrate,not sure of the mix.but i have heard of even certain flowers you can plant around your garden that rabbits and deer dont like.and act as a repellant.i would go that route,but the other options do sound like much more FUN! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

If you have the means I would say to load up shotshells with rock salt. It works wonders on dogs and cats! Use the large grain rock salt though so that it penetrates just below the skin and it will burn like HE!!

It has always worked for me. Just one note though. Use steel shotshell wads if you are using a good shotgun. If your using a junk gun just regular wads will work although it will rust your barrel cuz of the salt.

Just don't use a .22rimfire. It might just "scare" them to death! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

An old boy was telling me that when he was a kid they use to have elk always eating at stuff around their house and his mom would shoot a 22 off to scare um away. They got use to this though and so she flock shot um one day. She came back into the house and asked him and his dad to go take care of an elk. He didnt tell me where she hit it but from the way the story was told it dropped after the 22 hit it. So id secound that one. (You never know which stories are true that you hear)

Good ole slingshot works wonders. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Pick up some marbles or find some rocks. Pull back and let her fly.
Leaves a heck of a welp. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif---George

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.