No Dang Luck...

Gnome!

With Full Length Sizing the 338-378 shells as the shell holder has failed big time as you can see by the pics below.

DSCF1902.jpg

DSCF1897.jpg

DSCF1896.jpg

DSCF1894.jpg

Everything was going fine as I had already Full Length Sized & decaped 9 shells prior and when number 10 was all lubed up it was set in the shell holder and just like the previous 9 slide up into the FLS die with minimal effort, it was on the pulling down stroke that everything went south with a bang :( Not an explosion just a bang, as the rim of the shell holder tore away. Shell number 10 is now firmly stuck in the shell holder so that means its going to be destroyed when I use the case pulling kit on it... there goes a $10 shell. At first I though that perhaps the shell holder had torn the lip of the shell rim but on closer inspection and to my complete horror well the pics show it all.

The guys at the LGS are gonna be impressed with this when they see it as I had only picked up the shell holder 24 hours earlier after waiting 3 weeks for it to arrive...

call RCBS, they will have a new one to you for free very quickly.

I just saw you don't live in the US...not sure if that changes the game??? call them though. they are great

Read up on a forester coax press, it'll suit your needs I believe.

I'm using a Hornady Lock-n-load classic kit and it has bee faultless for me. but I will give the Forester a look over.

lovdasnow,

I have done so already and am awaiting a reply. RCBS do look after their international customers very well.

Varmint Hunter,

All taken care of friend :)

When I went to the LGS I took my FLS Die with me and they helped out so the case is safe :) They refunded me my money when I told them that I had emailed RCBS.

RCBS are awesome with their service as can be attested to the reply email sent to me from them today.

Chris,

Regardless to your receiving a replacement from your local gun shop we will be sending you a replacement shell holder , sometimes with those larger calibers we see that, not very often but it happens sometimes.

Thank you,

Technical Services/bg
ATK/RCBS Operation
(800) 533-5000

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.