• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Nitriding

scottw2119

Getting a batch ready to go to nitriding. Actions, bolts, small parts, if you have some thing you want nitirded but dont want the high cost of a single piece PM me. Normal turn around time is two weeks from the time I ship to the nitirders. Planning on shipping middle to end of next week. I can disassemble and reassemble parts but price will reflect that.

Do they do rifle barrels also?
Do they do all style of actions, M 70, Weatherby MK V, Sako.
Anything you recommend not doing?
If the metal is polished to a high polish will the finish product
have a deeper richer color.
Which company do you use?
Hal

Any action. Everthing gets abrasive blasted before nitriding so its not a high gloss finish like bluing. They will dip barrels but it does harden the surface so if its a new barrel that has not had the break in complete it can harden the tooling marks in making brake in tougher from what I have been told never done a barrel. Most people use it to blacken stainless steel but it blackens chrome molly too. I use H&M west

Curious where you are located? I just shipped a box of bullets to a member and it cost me 25$ so shipping to you plus you shipping back might be expensive. Whats an action cost to get nitrided? I have one i need done

I was literally just thinking about Nitriding my 226 Legion. Any idea what it would run
With my current work load I don't have time for a complete disassemble and reassemble of a pistol right now especially if that is the 226 that is cerakoted because the cerakote would have to be completely stripped before being shipped for nitriding.

With my current work load I don't have time for a complete disassemble and reassemble of a pistol right now especially if that is the 226 that is cerakoted because the cerakote would have to be completely stripped before being shipped for nitriding.
Roger that, thank you!