• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Nitriding...

I would recommend using a search engine to find potential benefits and drawbacks. Then make a decision on whether or not this is something you want to pursue. We often have a lot of money tied up in our toys and don't want to potentially ruin them.
Seems like there's a hidden warning in your message. What potential issue with nitriding are you referring to that would ruin an action?

None whatsoever but there are detractors. You'll need to read up on it and make your own decision. I'll personally nitride everything but that doesn't mean it's for you. There's always a risk involved in every change we make to them. What may be an acceptable risk for me may not be for you.

None whatsoever but there are detractors. You'll need to read up on it and make your own decision. I'll personally nitride everything but that doesn't mean it's for you. There's always a risk involved in every change we make to them. What may be an acceptable risk for me may not be for you.
Ah ok! I have read a lot as well and for everyone that likes it, there's someone that doesn't. Like most things! Thanks!

I've got a WWII Mauser action w/commercial bolt and a SS barrel (removed) that I'd like nitrided. Any concerns doing this? Cost? I usually Cerkote but SBN is pretty cool stuff.

I've got a WWII Mauser action w/commercial bolt and a SS barrel (removed) that I'd like nitrided. Any concerns doing this? Cost? I usually Cerkote but SBN is pretty cool stuff.
To add the barrel to the Nitride process is $25, so the total for the action and barrel would be $150. -Brian

That's awesome of y'all to extend that to everyone! Trying to think of something to send y'all!🤣 Can you do pistol slides/barrels too?