Nikon Sky & Earth Spotting Scope

lots99

I'm considering putting a pair of Nikon 20x60 Sky and Earth model 7350 spotting scopes together for big eyes, but they look too bulky to get close enough together to see thru. I'm guessing someone has already tried this and can save me a lot of trouble finding out. Can you help?

Larry

I was wondering the same thing. I have one and i think the clarity is very good. For me it looks like it will work for my eyes.
I don't know if this makes a difference but i just looked at my model and it is a 7355(non camo). How are you going to put these two together?

[ 02-17-2003: Message edited by: Matt27 ]

Matt, Could you measure the distance from the center of the objective (eyepiece) lens to the edge of the barrel for me? Top and bottom as well as side to side. I think I can have a bracket made out of aluminum that will work as long as I can get them close enough. Thanks!

Larry
I will try. The eyepiece is not centered on the tube. As i was lookin at it the eye piece is offset to the right. I don't know how to build one of these contraptions but wouldn't you just want to know the width of the tube and then the center of tube to the center of the screw hole?

I'm Baaaacck,
Larry, I have one here at the house if ya want to check it out. I believe one should also consider what eyeball configuration one has, PREDATOR OR PREY?????
OO vs O O
I do have people who hunt with me that possess that catfish eyeball thing, ya know
6.5 MOA between lookers. And NO ya can't sneak up on em.
grin.gif

Hey Matt, Thanks for the help. Sounds like I'd have to mount them sideways to get the eyepices under 3" center to center. I'll look at one again.
Still think they would make good glasses. They seem a lot clearer than others. But I'd have +$600.00 in them. Can't seem to find good binoculars in that range, anyway.

Boyd,
I can't get it to open. Next Video "What a 300grn. SMK does to a HP."
PC= PRETTY COMPLICATED
mad.gif

Larry, I have been fighting the same problem with a high priced spotting scope and think you have the same challenge. If the offset eyepiece is not movable in relation to the main body, you have to have a mount that allows the entire body to swivel while still keeping them collimated while you turn eyepieces towards each other or away from each other for getting the interpupilary distance correct for your eyes.

If the bodies are fixed, they still may be made to work for YOUR eyes but will not be sharable for others after mounting.

Good luck. I am still working on mine.

Larry, I have been fighting the same problem with a high priced spotting scope and think you have the same challenge. If the offset eyepiece is not movable in relation to the main body, you have to have a mount that allows the entire body to swivel while still keeping them collimated while you turn eyepieces towards each other or away from each other for getting the interpupilary distance correct for your eyes.

If the bodies are fixed, they still may be made to work for YOUR eyes but will not be sharable for others after mounting.

Good luck. I am still working on mine.

Randy from VA - Thanks for the help.
Bobbie Hart in Berwick, PA has been making a nice mount for Busnell Skymasters and Burris compacts. If your interested, I,ll find an address for you. Thats who I'll use to put mine together, but I wanted to make sure I can get them within 2 1/2" center to center on the eyepieces. They would be mounted on a slide for adjustment, so they can be sideways. The nearest one I can find is like an hour away, but I've traveled father for hunting stuff. Thanks for your reply. Bet the weather is getting nice in VA!
rolleyes.gif

I am aware of Bobbys frames and may end up trying to use one. I was hoping to find one that was for larger units (mine are 80 MMs) but most I find are for telescopes and do not have the necessary adjustments.

I should call him and see if they would be suitable for larger units.

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.