Nikon Black X 1000 4-16 x 50

bstomper

Anyone have any experiences with this scope. I have a prostaff 3-9 x 40 for my ruger 1022 and like it alot. My buddy has a prostaff 4-12 x 50 on his 270 and it is really clear and bright. Now that the black x 1000 has come out with tactical turrets and MOA reticle, I am very interested, so any info or experience you might have would be good. I have it nailed down to the black x 1000 4-16 x 50 MOA and the vortex viper HST 4-16 x 44 MOA. I like the bigger objective on the nikon plus The Nikon is on sale now locally for $200 less than the vortex

well for what its what its a very basic scope it goes head on with the vortex depends on your needs it lacks the zero stop, properly calibrated reticle its a basic scope like i said If you're on a budget and looking for a scope to shoot known distances or are willing to measure your exact reticle subtensions for ranging purposes, or have another means of ranging and don't mind dialing turrets for longer shots its a great scope.

I've been interested in picking up Nikon black 1000 4-16 90MOA of adjustment . Wait see they go on sale or see what coming later during shot show. Using the vortex diamondback Tactical really impressed wouldn't mind getting little more magnification out further.

The zero stop is the only thing not mentioned in the description, so I'm not sure if it has one and that would be nice to have.
What makes you say that it lacks a properly calibrated reticle.
As far as ranging with the reticle goes, I don't have any intentions of trying to do that, I have a range finder for that.
Good to hear about the diamond back

I've got one. This went on a new rifle. At first I was just interested about getting it on paper while I fired some shots to break in the barrel. All during break in the scope kept the same POI. However, on finally sight in I needed to adjust 1 click to the left and 6 up. Adjusted, shot and the bullet didn't show any, (horizontal) movement. Vertical came up perfect. OK. I figured maybe I had muffed the shot. So, I shot again and the bullet hit with no horizontal movement. Then I adjusted another click to the left and shot. This time the bullet impacted to show the 2 clicks adjustment. Shot again, same impact. So, I adjusted one click back to the right. Boom...Right where I wanted it and it stayed there for 20 more rounds. The following week went out and made some more scope adjustments, (needed to make sure) and the scope responded each time I made an adjustment. Go figure. Anyway, the glass is pretty nice.

I work pt at the local F&S store. We have that one in stock. Pretty nice glass.It is on my to buy list.Also talked to the sales rep and he gave positive feedback from users.

I was looking at getting one. It doesn't seem to have a 1 piece tube which has really turned me off personally.

I had a chance to look at both the vortex hst 4-16x44 and the Nikon black x 1000 4-16x50 scopes side x side this weekend. Both had really nice glass and with my eyes I really couldn't see any difference in the glass quality. The turrets on the vortex were nice positive clicks with good feel and sound clicks. The Nikon turrets fealt kind of mushy and the click weren't a good positive feel or sound. The vortex also has a zero stop on the elevation turret and the Nikon doesn't. I bought the vortex because In my opinion it is a better quality and fit for what I want and like.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.