Nikon black 1000x opinions

tmmcampbell

Picked up a 6.5 PRC for a price I couldn't pass up. Thinking of putting a Nikon black 1000X on it. If I like the rifle I will upgrade the scope and put the Nikon on my .22 rimfire.

Anyone have any experience with the 1000x? Any better ideas on a sub $500 scope?

Thanks

I don't have one but have read up on the specs and what reviews are available. I know there are those who don't like Nikon but it's all we buy and have had absolutely NO problems with them. I'm anxious to see if the eye relief is as good as other Nikon models? Following as I might go this route with a couple of long range shooters we have.

I think it would be worth a try. Think it is a better deal than say a Vortex HST.
I had a Monarch at one time. It actually dialed very well. Only issue was the crazy reticle with the little circles. The scope was very bright and clear though.
Seems Nikon finally figured out how to compete in the tactical scope market. Hope they do well. They have good glass and competition is always a winner for the user.

Picked up a 6.5 PRC for a price I couldn't pass up. Thinking of putting a Nikon black 1000X on it. If I like the rifle I will upgrade the scope and put the Nikon on my .22 rimfire.

Anyone have any experience with the 1000x? Any better ideas on a sub $500 scope?

Thanks

Have you looked at the new Monarch M5 for 2019? Link below. the 3-12 is supposed to have 115 MOA internal adjustment and 25MOA per turn of the turret. With the SRP of 499.95 Its also 19.2 ounces.
https://www.nikonsportoptics.com/en...copes/monarch-m5-3-12x42sf-matte-mk1-moa.html

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.