Nightforce ATACR 4-16x50 ?

Zep

Anyone using the new Nightforce ATACR 4-16x50.

Would like to use it for informal targets out to 600 yards with a 6BR. Hunting to follow. Probably overkill but want good tracking. Also of the age I don't want more stuff. One last scope.

Comments appreciated. Many thanks.

I just put one on my AR it is an awesome scope. I was making 1000 yard hits shooting 77 grain bullets. I could see my hits on steel at 1000. I think this is the ultimate scope for a hunting rifle also. Really like how the elevation turret locks. Perfect for sliding in scabbords. Plenty of power to shoot out to a mile. dialed in 44 MOA to make hits at 1000 had enough evevation to dial in 65 Minutes. Which would get most rifles a mile zero. Plus its a nightforce easy to sell holds its value if you ever want to sell it. Hope this helps?

I'm also interested in this scope . In mil mil with the Mil R reticle . FFP.
It looks like a good optic and ticks all the right boxes . I'm wanting to get a 338 Lapua in the future. Either a CZ Badlands , or build on a Mausingfield action. With a sporter hunting stock on it.
If I go with the ATACR, I will probably move the scope back and forth from the 338 to my 6.5 Creedmoors . But for serious hunting , moose, bison ect it would stay on the 338

Last edited:
The 4 scopes I'm looking at the most seriously in this situation is the 4-16 ATACR, Steiner T5 xi 3-15 , Razor HD ll 3-18, and IOR 3-18 × 50 . As I don't specifically hunt long range. A scope HAS TO DO WHAT I NEED IT TO AT CLOSE RANGE ! #1 ! So a wide fov at 10 yards on low power is very important to me. But I want to same scope to be all I want it to be at 1 k and further. Ive actually thot about a 1-10 power scope. But think the 3-18 or 4- 16 range will do more things at distance better.

they made it a 34mm tube, all for the bigger is better range nazi crowd, who carry an overweight 14 pound chassis gun from their pickup truck 50 yards to the range. I like the scope but they should make a 30 mm version. actually i think all their scopes should have the same features, but get rid of the bigger tube.

I have the 4-16x42 ATACR. The only thing I can complain about is the FOV under 400yds. So the 50 should be fine. My ATACR is an awesome pice of glass. And like normal NF I can go up and down 15 minutes and back to zero perfect. It's the first nightforce I have ever owned and other than the weight it's great. People complain about the weight but you just know going into it that they are heavy. No big deal.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.