• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

NIB Weatherby Mark V Backcountry Ti in .280 Ackley

Ramblin99

I just bought this Weatherby Mark V Titanium Backcountry rifle and it remains new in the box, never fired. If you haven't read up on this new offering from Weatherby, here are some specs and features:

Titanium Mark V action, fluted bolt
#1 fluted barrel at 24", 26" with Accubrake installed. 1:9 twist
Carbon fiber stock with sponge grey & black paint, 13.5" LOP, 3DHex recoil reducing butt pad
Trigger Tech trigger
BDL-style floorplate with 4+1 capacity
Cerakoted barrel, bolt, trigger guard and floorplate
Sub-MOA guarantee
Weighs an amazing 4 lbs, 13.8 ounces.

I took the rifle out of the box for photos. Included are the original box, rifle, Accubrake ST brake, sling swivels, and manuals. I had to wait a little while to get this one because the .280AI caliber is fairly rare. As fate would have it (bad luck?) another rifle has come along that I just can't live without.

$2,750 shipped to your FFL from an individual. $20 more to Alaska. To sweeten the deal I will include a new set of 30mm medium Talley Lightweights and a full box of ammo. You guys know I'm losing money here, but that's the penalty for my indecision. PM me with your questions. Pics below.

Keith

IMG_8632.JPG
IMG_8637.JPG
IMG_8639.JPG
IMG_8641.JPG
IMG_8642.JPG
IMG_8643.JPG
IMG_8644.JPG
IMG_8645.JPG
IMG_8636.JPG

Last edited:
Maybe it's just me, but I think a sweet rifle like this one should arrive in something lined with velvet...lol
I gotta say, Weatherby really built a beautiful centerfire....and this one happens to be chambered in my hands down favorite caliber.....280ai.
This begs the question, is it smart to own more than one rifle in the same caliber?
For now, my bank acct won't quite allow it, but this one won't last long anyway.

It's good to see Weatherby finally producing a rifle with "classic" lines, without the huge raised cheek piece. I don't mind the cheekpiece, but prefer a straight comb. And I agree with you about the .280AI. It's a great caliber. I don't buy duplicate calibers. There are too many great rifles and great calibers out there to have duplicates when the rifles I like to buy are in the $2,500-3,500 range.

This is an awesome rifle that will make someone very happy. Can't beat the weight, for sure. I'm going very lightweight on all my rifles.

Keith