Newcon Range Finder

I've used 2 different models, not this one, but they were ok. The ones I used were battery hogs, and repeatability was an issue. I know a guy who had one that wouldn't work well at all. I have no knowledge of this model, but the ones I have worked with were a bit clunky but worth it for the little money invested. BTW one had to be sent back and repaired not long after it was purchased.

POP,

If I read your question correctly my answer is:

1) Swaro
2) Leica 1200
2 maybe 3) Burris 1500
4 on down) Anything else

Not sure about the Burris as I have not actually used one. I own a Leica and in flat country (read sagebrush and small trees) it ain't no 1200 yard devics.

Reports would seem to put the Burris ahead of the Leica but like I said I haven't done a 1 2 1 comparison, yet....

XLR Laser Rangerfinders will go to 2200 meters, anyone try these?
Roy, the ones you mentioned are for under 1500 yds and probably under 1000 in most conditions.

We tried the Newcon laser finder, sent it back to Midway, we also have a Lica 1200, and bushnell 800. The leica out ranged the Newcons in most conditions. Bushnell was less finicky than both, just dont have the extended ranges. From what i have used, Leica is best.

[ QUOTE ]
Roy, the ones you mentioned are for under 1500 yds and probably under 1000 in most conditions.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is exactly correct and way under 1000 for me. All I want is consistent ranging to 1K under "most" conditions.

Where can one get details/price on NAIT XLR?

Black Diamond

My experience is the same as yours. But starting very shortly every rifle I have will out shoot the range of the Leica.

I think I'm beginning to sense much variation in LRFs even within makes and models. It may be that if you get one that fits your needs, don't sell it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.