newcon's range finder

new shooter

newcon\'s range finder

has any buddy seen a comparison 3000 pro newcon to swarovski 8x30 1500? I know one LRH member that had a good report on his newson 3000 pro, but is there any buddy else that has the 3000pro newcon? the newcon is about twice the cost of a swarovski. will the newcon out range the swarovski by 500+ yards consistently. If i am going to spend that much more i want to make sure its consistently better at more distance. distance is everything for my new 338am on order. Would the newcon read 2000 yard consistently?

Re: newcon\'s range finder

I have one now and it does range consistant to 2500 yds. I tried it two days in a row from the same place and it was right on for 7 things I logged. Both days were overcast. Longest I ranged was 6041 yds, a big bright interstate billboard. I got this reading 2 days in a row. Lone pine trees on a grassy hillside to 2500 yds was very easy and fast. Longest tree was 3250 yds, two days in a row. I too, am getting a 338 AM and this will make it even more fun.
Hope this helps.

Re: newcon\'s range finder

Glade to here that where did you get yours? I got to get one there goes the rest of my money /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.