Newbie from Washington with question about mk 6

OBR

Hey guys, I joined to hopefully get some insight for long range shooting. I'm starting out with a LaRue OBR with a Leupold mk 6 3-18x44 and an h58 reticle. I also wanted to come on here to discuss a potential issue I may be having with my new optic. So I slapped everything together and went to the range to sight in my new optic. I started the day out with my elevation bottomed out. I was shooting high at 25 yards. Note I was only at 25 to get on paper then I was going to go out to 100 to make the process easier. I was using the proper mount for the 20 MOA rail so I know that couldn't be the issue. I the. Went out to 100 to see what it it do at that range and same thing. So for two hours, I played with the elevation by loosening the hex making sure it was all the way down, and it was, then I tightened it back. I moved the turret up and down a few times also. The last thing I did was went all the way up on elevation and took it down a revolution and started hitting paper. I was low, then cranked it up til I hit dead center. Is there any explanation on what was going on with the turret/reticle? I noticed with my scope being zeroed, I have about 11 mils until my elevation is tapped out. Does that sound about right? I would think there would be more mils. Anyways, hopefully I have been detailed enough so the problem can be identified if there is one. I'm definitely new to all this, especially with mils. I'm hoping to do a box test later this week to verify any tracking issues.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.