Newbie from Statesville NC.

Chip_Shot

Hello, thanks for having me! Seems like a good site and I'm hopefully going to do more long range shooting and hunting. I have a mk12 mod1 clone(my favorite rifle that I put together) that I have been doing some longer range plinking/varmint hunting 5-700yards here recently. It's really given me the itch to buy a long range rifle for deer hunting the bean and corn fields where I hunt. I don't really trust a 5.56 for more than about 250 yards on a white tail. Looking at purchasing a 25-06 sendero with the possibility of rebarreling to 6.5-06 in the distant future.

Seems like a lot of good knowledge on this site. Thanks again for having me.

Welcome to the site! I've been lurking a few years and am just getting into reloading and trying to take my elk hunting to the next level and add a little distance to the equation. There's a metric ****-ton of information here and a lot of really smart shooters with more experience than I'll ever have.

BTW, I used to own the Homes & Land real estate magazine in Statesville. I started it in 1979 and later sold it to my sister and brother-inlaw and believe they sold it since then as well. Love Iredell county. One of my big regrets in life was not buying lots on Lake Norman because I just didn't have $12,000 back in '79 to spend on a waterfront lake lot! The last I looked they were $500,000~!

Good luck!

~Robert

Thanks for the response Robert. That's awesome you started that magazine, I know it well. I have some aunts and uncles who got in on the lake lot purchases years ago(you may know them). Unfortunately I was born in '84 so by the time I was old enough to buy something like that they were already at 500k.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.