Newbie from nc

LRHUNTER1320

Hello, thanks for having me. Contractor in the roofing/remodeling department. Love the outdoors. Been hunting most of my life. Hunted ducks since I was about 8 yrs old.

Started huning deer around 16 yrs old with my friends and their weapons on their land. Realy enjoyed it so at 20 yrs old I bought my first "rifle". It was a Howa M1500 300 wsm. Had great success with it for several seasons. Only problem was the recoil and it destroyed deer at close ranges. I decided to swap it out with a Rem 700 sps-t in .308. to sharpen my marksmanship skills. It really helped. I have taken deer from 70 - 400 yds with the .308 and a Bushnell 3-9x40.

Recently, 29yrs old, I decided to get back into the magnum scene. I recently purchase a like new Wby Mark V Accumark in 300 wby mag. It is a 1997 model bought new in 99 by a close friend. He shot it 3 times, never mounted a scope and kept in in storage till a few weeks ago. Still in what I would call 95% conditon or better. Perfect. I bought it for less than 1/3 retail price. Awsome deal IMHO.

I oreded a B-Square one piece aluminum base. Any good?

I also ordered, even though mixed reviews, a Millet lrs-1 .i mil click illuminunated. Figured I'd try it at that price and the lifetime warratny. I have never looked through a >$1500 scope. What you dont know wont hurt you right??

I found this sight on google, lurked for a couple days, joined because I needed the "search" feature. Found alot of info in a short amount of time. Thanks to all the members who have contributed to this forum.

Comments are welcome, I like feedback whether good or bad and will contribute my findings if I run into something that ya'll dont know. Not likely to happen but anyway.

Again, thanks for having me and helping me learn.

LRHUNTER1320.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts