New Varmint Gun

Coyote,

For my night gun i use a 22 hornet, but thats probably getting rebarreled soon, for day I use my 308 win loaded with 125gr nos bt, if i dont hit anything solid with it there isn't any mess.

depending on range and budget you cant go wrong with a223.im shooting 40gr ballistic tips out of a model 12 savage
smile.gif
its one of my best investment!!!!!

Savage 112 in 223 can do the job esay , light barrel for walking , or varmint for truck hunt

223 with light bullet ( 40 to 50 ) is a good respice for clean kill , and 223 ammo are the most commun you can dream

good shooting

DAN TEC

I've been taking 40-70 coyotes/season for the last 15 years, and have used everything on them. I now use the .17's for fur hunting, a custom upper AR-15 .223 AI 9 twist with either the 70 JLK, 75 A-Max, or the 69 Nosler Comp. After fur season is over i use a 26"-barrelled 700 in 6mm AI with the 75 Horn. BTHP (only because i can't get the 87 V-Max to shoot, which is the highest BC pure varmint bullet made @ .4). I am soon gonna be switching to SS pistols for spot and stalk coyote hunting since they're so portable.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.