New to the site

Steve1197

Hey everybody,
I am new to the site and I am new to the long range hunting. I am currently looking at purchaseing a 30-378 Weatherby to be my long range gun. I would appreciate any thoughts good or bad.
Thanks

Welcome to the site. I have been working at extending my shooting range for a while, but I sure don't know as much as a lot of the guys that regularly post here, so I'll just share what I can. I shoot a .300 WBY and I like it a lot. There is a good selection of 30 cal bullets to choose from, and it has real good velocities. Also, the 300 wby is easy to reload. I have heard the 30-378 is a bit harder to reload, though I couldn't tell you why. But it does have excellent velocity, and the same huge selection of bullets to choose from. I think the main thing is that you get a gun that you like a lot, get it shooting good, and then shoot as much as you can. There is something to be said about having a gun that you enjoy, not just a gun that someone tells you to get. So whatever you decide on, do it right and enjoy it.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.