New to the 300 Win Mag

Not being personal by any means but I trust the chronograph a lot more than QL at this point! the drops matched the chronograph fps at 300 yards, there was no hard bolt lift and nothing on the primer, case head, or brass measurements to make me think I was even close to the 64K pressure max.

I believe it best to just follow normal load work up and let the rifle tell me what is correct as they are normally always different. Later,

Kirk

Last edited:
Not being personal by any means but I trust the chronograph a lot more than QL at this point! the drops matched the chronograph fps at 300 yards, there was no hard bolt lift and nothing on the primer, case head, or brass measurements to make me think I was even close to the 64K pressure max.

I believe it best to just follow normal load work up and let the rifle tell me what is correct as they are normally always different. Later,

Kirk

Yeah, I just thought I'd ask. Sounds like the chronograph is correct then.

Like I say I haven't been using QL very long so I'm not very experienced with it yet. I just could not duplicate your velocity until the pressure was up around 70,000 psi.

Good luck and please report back what velocities you see and if you see any pressure signs if you do go any higher in powder charges.

Hey I appreciate your offer to help! I'll be sure and post back my results. I loaded up another run going a touch higher with powder charge in 2 tenths increments just to play it safe and I'll have my magnifying glass to check the heads for those faint marks.

Again I appreciate the help. Later,

Kirk

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.