New to posting

Welcome to the forum! Do you do any shooting besides hunting?
As much as I can, though it's far less with the arrival of my daughter last year. She and my 3 year old keep me on the run pretty good now. But yes, I love to shoot in general, not the greatest at any but I love the idea of hitting a target. Setup a 20yd Archery range in my basement. I live close to a conservation range so $4.00/hr at 50 yd/100yd conservation range and they also have trap/skeet for $4.00/25,
Archery is free. We shoot everything up there, usually break in and sight in my rifles there, got some guys from work into handguns there, etc. we also shoot sporting clays mostly at Black Hawk Valley Hunting Club in Old Monroe, MO. At my grandmas farm and my uncles farm we can get out to 1000yds but we have never tried over 300. That's my next goal, consistent 300, then more. Now it's just finding the time before they are old enough to tag along.

Welcome from Florida
If you really want to fit in and feel you want to be part of this forum,
start a thead about the virtues of the creedmoor we can never get enough of those.
In fact it has been a few days since we have had one, and I am begining to see signs
of withdrawl. Also which caliber should I get, "those are always popular" I want to shoot chipmunks in my backyard and bring The rifle with me when I go on safari next month to hunt black rinos. all in all welcome.

Dean

Last edited:
Welcome from Florida
If you really want to fit in and feel you want to be part of this forum,
start a thead about the virtues of the creedmoor we can never get enough of those.
In fact it has been a few days since we have had one, and I am begining to see signs
of withdrawl. Also which caliber should I get, "those are always popular" I want to shoot chipmunks in my backyard and bring The rifle with me when I go on safari next month to hunt black rinos. all in all welcome.

Dean
Dean,
My first question was actually going to be what ammo will get me to 1000yds with my Marlin Model 30a 30-30 with my Simmons pro hunter scope? I mean it's a Glenfield and I'm using Remi Core-Lokt's… thoughts?

Any ammo loaded with RL26 it is the Magic pixie dust of reloading powder. It is good for 30gr Blitzkings through 750gr Amax's.
And as far as that Simmons goes lean on the tube and bend it downward keep doing that untill you get they elevation needed.
Dean