new to long range hunting forums

oldbuck

hello everyone nice to meet you all as the title says I am new and I live in eastern pa and I love to hunt my honey hole for that is in greene county about 45 min one way from where I live the shots are only out to 700 yards but my 300 mag use to be just fine for that the gun is still fine but I was hurt at work and my luck the gun is to much for me now the recoil kills my shoulder now but as a die hard hunter I have lived most my life in the woods I cut trees for a living and spent a lot of time there and was right at home just sitting and waiting for deer as well so now I am on a mission to get a new gun and as I don't reload it has to be factory and I read a lot here before I became a member as I love all the information on this site and everyone knows so much about long range shooting and I figured I would see what you guys though about what rifle I am thinking of buying well nice to meet you now ill find the place to post my questions

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.