• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED New Stiller TAC 300 - $975 shipped to your FFL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harvman

New Stiller TAC 300 - $975 shipped to your FFL

New in box is a Stiller TAC 300 with a Mag bolt face. Still in box at my gunsmiths shop -
- Action
- Mag bolt face
- Recoil lug
- Rail

USPSMO only - shipped upon receipt of MO.

Only reason for selling is that I had visions of building a new rifle with it. Instead I am going to use a Predator action instead.

Note: My gunsmith may have a barrel or two if you wanted to build a awesome rifle from a true craftsman!

First I'll take it with a pm - stating name address- phone - takes this beauty. $975 is the price!

Harvman

The Tac 300 has a different bolt knob and is all black. The predator is stainless beadblasted with a black bolt... I decided on a fluted barrel bead blasted and the action to match... just my preference.

Stillers Precision Firearms

Go to the link above for the details and photos of the two actions.

Thanks for questions and asking

V/r
Harvman

Your smith can bead blast your action, or Stiller will do it for $35, last time that I talked to Russ. The actions are exactly the same except for the coating and the bolt knob. No waiting on another action, unless you already have one.

I just ran out of the Brux 7mm 1:8.5 tw rem varm barrels yesterday. I was only selling them if I installed them. I will have some more in late December. Another reason harvman is selling the action is the predator comes ready to drop a wyatts extended box in it, no machining required. This is perfect for his 28 nosler and I had some instock. I chambered up a half dozen this week and throated them for the 195's. I did manage to test the 195s a bit this week w re 33. I did a pressure test and I had them up to 3130 and started seeing a few marks on the back of the brass at 88.5 gr. Bolt lift was still butter smooth. Recoil was like a 243 with my slabbed 4 port "Muscle" brake installed. 87.5 and 88 grains printed at the same point on the target so I loaded up 87.8 gr and shot the first group out of the gun and it measured .31" at 100 w the 195 going 3085 fps. Not bad for less than 20 rounds through the gun with a cartridge Ive never loaded for before and a bullet that just came out. Also I just threw that barreled action into a aluminum bedding block stock I had laying around. I didn't want to wait 2 days before the bedding dried in its manners eh1 before I could shoot it which I why I threw it in there first. Im going to do some testing now with h1000 and retumbo this week and will take the best loads of each powder and test them at long range and see how they stack up against each other.

Ryan Pierce
www.piercisionrifles.com

I'm going to do some testing now with H1000 and Retumbo this week and will take the best loads of each powder and test them at long range and see how they stack up against each other.

Ryan Pierce
www.piercisionrifles.com

Nice info. Ryan. Thanks for sharing. You might have to start a new Thread should this Stiller TAC 300 sell soon!

I have a 28 nosler with a 9 twist... I was told it'd work with the 195s.. not where I live lol... so I'm wanting to build a rifle for the 195s . Probably a 7 rum or another 28 nosler... if u come across a barrel let me know

Status
Not open for further replies.