New South Georgia

Welcome from north of the border, Saskatchewan, Canada. Congrats on your retirement, this is a great forum (I've been on others…no contest). I'm always learning something new here and it's a good group of folks to think out loud with and troubleshoot issues as they come up. Good community here.

…to say nothing of having found a bunch of nutcases as crazy as I am about all this stuff: I have few friends or family that don't think ive got a few screws loose with how obsessively I think about and learn about "gun stuff" haha, but these people get it. Most of them have the disease even worse!!! 🤣. But we share in each other's excitement and fuel each other's enthusiasm.

Well I grew up in foster homes and youth home for boys. Hunting and fishing was my outlet. Think I was 13 when I read an article about Kurt Darner shooting monster Mule Deer cross canyon that got me hooked on want to hunt out west and long rang shooting. I'll blame Outdoor Life and him for my disease 😂

I'm having a 6.5 Prc built now. Light weight. Around 7.5 lbs rigged out. Don't have a load for it yet but getting components together for that now. Thinking 140 Berger Hunting VLD. This gun will be 99% for deer though. I have another 6.5 Prc from Lane Precision, but at 10 1/4 lbs. a little heavy. I just got 4 boxes of 140 Berger EOL from Hendershots Friday. Shot 3 shots at 100 to see how they shot. .625. That's my backup lol.

Definitely getting in Elk hunting shape!!!!