new scope wanted

col48

hi
after some replies on hear on rets and BDC turrets,
i am looking for a new scope.

it is to sit on a custom 270 wsm for shooting deer and long range plinking.say 600y may be more.
i need one with good adjustable turrets,drop and wind age,
and would like one with a small dot say like the np2dd on the nightforce.side parallax illuminated,
cost is not that important,as i don't mind paying for quality,but don't like paying over the odds
any ideas on make model and best place to get one.
o and variable mag 14x or what ever you think is best,
i have a Leupold 4 x 14 x 50 illuminated vx111 but it dose not have turrets on.
thanks for your help
col
PS not to heavy as it has to be carried

save yourself some money and send that leupold back to them and get moa turrets put on it. I don't think you could do a whole lot better unless you just want the nightforce or a new mark 4.

i live in the UK.
so i thought it would take to long,and there is the import duty to consider.

i don't mind sending it in how much will it cost,any ideas.
i have the fine duplex ret. is it worth changing that as well

Col48, if you want quality, go with the Nightforce. If your wanting a lighter scope, go with the Nightforce 3.5x15x50mm NXS or the 5.5x22x50mm with the NP2DD. I personally like the 5.5x22x56mm NXS. All of my NF NXS Scopes are on heavy rifles. When I get ready to build my new hunting rifle, I will top it with a NF 5.5x22x56mm. I don't mind the extra weight. I own Leupolds too, but Nightforce scopes are much better than Leupold's and worth the extra money. The bottom line, get a Nightforce scope. Everyone of my friends that have looked through my NF NXS scopes have been impressed with clarity and quality and have switched from Leupold to Nightforce. Good luck with your choice, Wildcat.

[ QUOTE ]
Col48, if you want quality, go with the Nightforce. If your wanting a lighter scope, go with the Nightforce 3.5x15x50mm NXS or the 5.5x22x50mm with the NP2DD. I personally like the 5.5x22x56mm NXS. All of my NF NXS Scopes are on heavy rifles. When I get ready to build my new hunting rifle, I will top it with a NF 5.5x22x56mm. I don't mind the extra weight. I own Leupolds too, but Nightforce scopes are much better than Leupold's and worth the extra money. The bottom line, get a Nightforce scope. Everyone of my friends that have looked through my NF NXS scopes have been impressed with clarity and quality and have switched from Leupold to Nightforce. Good luck with your choice, Wildcat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto

Pete's here. ( get slowed down doing eclipse operations on a bunch of space craft, and also was playing about with an earth ranging sat spotting high seats, and positions for high seats, Chris, i can even tell you when you car is parked in your darn drive, man its cool but its frightening, there is no where to hide on this planet)
Ive been telling Col, on another forum, all about the advantages of ranging reticles,
Col, sell the **** leupold and buy something decent.
the extra few grams that a S&B PMII weights over the leupold is no more than a few rounds of ammo and a cheese sarnie. and the scope is the absolute dogs bollocks,
regards Pete

[ QUOTE ]
Chris, i can even tell you when you car is parked in your darn drive, man its cool but its frightening, there is no where to hide on this planet

[/ QUOTE ]Tell you what - I'll give you the reg nº - then I dont need to remember where I park /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif - Mmmmmmmm Wine - <hic> - So the S&B means less cheese sarnies - Tuff call. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.