New scope on 7 RM

remingtonman_25_06

Well I knew it shortly after I bought it, but I have been wanting a new LR scope for quite some time now. As many may know, I had a Leupold MK4, 4.5-14x50 30mm tube, SF, duplex reticle. I really like 18-20x scopes for coyotes and deer past 600 yards. I also dont like the regular duplex as I think it covers up to much target. So I found a guy who wanted to trade his Leupold VX3 LR series. Its a 6.5-20x50 30mm tube, SF, with fine duplex, silver finish. I didn't think I wanted the silver scope since the rifle it would be going on for now is a wood/blued rifle, but it doesn't really look all that bad. Anyways, I'm more worried about performance then looks and I got what I wanted. More power and finer duplex. We traded scopes straight across. I am totally happy with the scope so far. It seems every bit as clear as the MK4 does. I took a pic of the new look of the rifle, also has the Holland QD brake installed. That white piece of paper has the range from 200-800 in 25 yard increments. Beside the yardage is the # I have to be on the scope for that distance, (precount the clicks and see what # your on,) then of course shoot at the ranges to verify. Also have 10mph cross wind MOA's in there as well. That way when I see an animal, sit down range it, look to the side of your rifle, see where you need to be click wise, check the wind, make any adjustments and get settled in and send it.

2h86d5z.jpg

Looks good rem-man!

I'm the same way i don't care all that much about looks.
The old mountain dew drink saying -image is everything- -------->yuup if you're a dip-schit.

Nice looking set up Remingtonman. How is the new scop working out for you? Also, with the Holland brake, can you see your impacts?

JD338

Thanks guys. Yes I can see my impacts. It makes it very nice. I do have to hold the rifle tight on my shoulder to see impacts though. I like the scope real well so far. Its really nice and crisp/clear even on 20x. The fine duplex makes it easy to find the center aiming point, and doesn't take up very much target space. It seems to track well so far. Haven't been shooting much lately as its been to cold..Have a couple 175g ULD RBBT loads waiting anxiuosly to try with H1000 and RL-22.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.