New Redfield 6-30x56 scopes

PPP

Hi Guys,

Does anyone have experience with the new Redfield 6-30x56 side focus scopes? Are they worth 799 USD retail price? What is the image quality and repeatability of adjustments? What is the minimal focus distance?

Regards,

Przemek.

i have heard since that company took them, simmons, and weaver over, that the quality has gone up big time. But they are crap on any magnum gun. So if you want to put it on a 233 or 308 then their great.

they are owned by meade, makers of telescopes, the 30mm tube jobs have alot of elevation and windage adjustment. They supposedly changed the adjustments on the erector tubes to make them more repeatable. this is only what I've read, written by the makers, so you got it as cheap as I did.
JS

I just bought a Redfield 3-9X40 last week and it says right on the box "A brand of Leupold & Stevens". Mine was just a cheapy ($150) but ridiculously clear edge to edge.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.