New pistol

spladi

I picked up my new pistol yesterday ($375.) a Kel Tec PMR 30, .22 magnum. This thing has all sorts of good and bad internet you tube reviews. FTFD and FTEJC, seem to be the main issues and are blamed on ammo types (CCI Maxi Mags recommended) and incorrect magazine loading. Regardless of this I bought one anyway.
The gun was presented to me by a friend at the range for a few shots, well it was love at first pull, the thing is super fun to shoot, felt great in hand, no recoil and big muzzle blast and accurate. 14 OZ. empty weight.
It's raining here in Pa. but I'm heading out to the range anyway to shoot. Updated results later.

I finally got to the range with my new Kel Tec 30 round 22 mag pistol. Between the rainy weather and unending pop-up must doo's there just wasn't time to get there earlier, not like many times before when any new gun was fired in a day or two.
Before firing the pistol, I removed the slide and lubed everything made of metal that moved against metal. I used a q tip with a few drops' of CLP on it.
I still was dubious about whether or not it was going to run with a full magazine after seeing all the bad press from You Tube.
Like the Old Yellow boy, I believe it was said, Load on Sunday and shoot all week. So, I loaded the magazine with 30 rounds, one rim ahead of the one below it, a task a little hard on the fingers but doable.
Aligned the sights and started pulling, one, two, three etc. etc.......no problems at all! I was pretty happy that, with the recommended ammo it ran great.
I think a can of compressed air to blow the action clean while at the range and maybe a speed loader might be next on my list for this pistol. Really a fun gun to shoot, glad I have it.