NEW MONSTER HOG SHOT

overbore

check out www.monsterpig.com just posted tonight!!! Approximately 1,050# of wild boar, about 12 feet long, shot by a youth 8X with a 50cal pistol--. Much sausage but verified with photos and witnesses on a southern game reserve--. overbore

the pic looks photo shopped to me. I've seen ALOT of wild feral hogs , 4 up to 600lbs and several domestic that were in the 1000+lbs and none look anthing close to that big unless thats a realy small kid. Thank thing looks like a Bison !!

Not to be pesimistic but I want to see some official folks like a game warden or somthing with it on scales , one photo taken in the woods and only a hand full of people seeing it ? Come on , you know if somthing like that was shot in your town is would be on public display for a couple days.

there was a big story on it today in our newpaper in Iowa. The numbers were a bit differnt on length, they had it a bit shorter, but the weight was still at the 1050#

monster!

[ QUOTE ]
check out www.monsterpig.com just posted tonight!!! Approximately 1,050# of wild boar, about 12 feet long, shot by a youth 8X with a 50cal pistol--. Much sausage but verified with photos and witnesses on a southern game reserve--. overbore

[/ QUOTE ]
by AP
With the pig finally dead in a creek bed on the 2,500-acre Lost Creek Plantation, a commercial hunting preserve in Delta, trees had to be cut down and a backhoe brought in to bring Jamison's prize out of the woods.
The Hog was taken on a Hunting Preserve and the wieght has been corrected to 1060 pounds as they miss read the scale. The scale is graduated in 10 pound increaments and they first thought that the first notch above the 1050 was a 1 and they first reported 1051 pounds.....

How about this photo,

MonsterHog.jpg

I think I remember seeing that exact photo with so big guy that supposedly shot it in Texas with a bow , I'm not 100% but it sure looks like the same pig but with the added blood on the belly.

Their are some huge hogs in the wild , I've seen tracks of pigs that were way bigger than any we ever cought and out biggest cought is over 600lbs so I'm sure its fully possible for this boy to have shot a pig of the four digit class but the pig in these photo's ain't it. the hog in the pic with him on the ground would way close to a ton even if hes a small 11yr old and standing back away from it a bit and the second pic of it hanging it would still be well over 1000lbs , I've seen 1000lb pigs and they just aint the big.

Again , not saying that the boy diden't kill one and a big congrats to him if he did but the pics have been cropped

The pictures maybe be real but even if they are whats the big deal. The kid was hunting on a farm and killed a pig, whats next a picture of a teenage girl standing next to a domestic cow.

[ QUOTE ]
...whats next a picture of a teenage girl standing next to a domestic cow.

[/ QUOTE ]

If she's over 18 and not built like the cow...that may be a nice pic to see!

A young boy! shot a BIG pig! with a handgun! from the ground! Good job, good for him, CONGRADULATIONS!!! That's one more pig than I've ever shot, no matter how big.

I don't think the photos are photoshopped but if I remember from high school photography class it's called perspective. It "appears" the boy is sitting right behind the pig and the man and boy are beside it, in reality (I assume) is the people are set way back from the pig making it appear larger. Same as the "monster" man-eating bear that was shot a few years ago in Alaska (urban legend). The bear was average sized, the picture was just set up to make it look huge.

Re: NEW MONSTER HOG SHOT UPDATE

The rest of the story

Pig Was a Monster, but He Wasn't Wild
The Associated Press

June 01, 2007

The huge hog that became known as 'Monster Pig' after being hunted and killed by an 11-year-old boy had another name: Fred. The not-so-wild pig had been raised on an Alabama farm and was sold to the Lost Creek Plantation just four days before it was shot there in a 150-acre fenced area, the animal's former owner said.

Phil Blissitt told The Anniston Star in a story Friday that he bought the 6-week-old pig in December 2004 as a Christmas gift for his wife, Rhonda, and that they sold it after deciding to get rid of all the pigs at their farm.

'I just wanted the truth to be told. That wasn't a wild pig,' Rhonda Blissitt said.

Jamison Stone shot the huge hog during what he and his father described as a three-hour chase. They said it was more than 1,000 pounds and 9 feet long; if anything, it looked even bigger in a now-famous photo of the hunter and the hunted.

Mike Stone said in a telephone interview with The Associated Press on Friday that he had been under the impression that the hog was wild, not farm-raised.

Telephone messages left Friday with Eddy Borden, the owner of Lost Creek Plantation, were not immediately returned.

Stone said state wildlife officials told him that it is not unusual for hunting preserves to buy farm-raised hogs and that the hogs are considered feral once they are released.

Stone said he and his son met Blissitt on Friday morning to get more details about the hog. Blissitt said that he had about 15 hogs and decided to sell them for slaughter, but that no one would buy that particular animal because it was too big for slaughter or breeding, Stone said.

Blissitt said that the pig had become a nuisance and that visitors were often frightened by it, Stone said.

'He was nice enough to tell my son that the pig was too big and needed killing,' Stone said. 'He shook Jamison's hand and said he did not kill the family pet.'

The Blissitts said they didn't know the hog that was hunted was Fred until they were contacted by a game warden for the Alabama Department of Wildlife and Freshwater Fisheries. The agency determined that no laws were violated in the hunt.

Phil Blissitt said he became irritated when he learned that some thought the photo of Fred was doctored.

'That was a big hog,' he said.

Copyright 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.