New Member, Mechanicsville, va.

jrwalker2

Thanks for allowing me to be a member here. I have been a machinist since I was 19 and into hunting and shooting since 14. I went through several phases through the years, started with hunting, then in my 20s with class 3 guns and doing machine work on all firearms. Owned my first machine gun at 25, then in the mid 90s I got the fishing bug and left the guns at home for about 12 years. fished all over the state of Virginia in ProAm's, BASS tournaments and such. Quit fishing in 2007 as a partner and I bought an existing machine shop from a retiring owner in 2003 and spending time fishing was difficult to find. So, I got back into hunting, shooting and working on guns since but never tried long range shooting. I have always been intrigued from practicing for hunting at up to 200 yards and watching how even my heartbeat would move the crosshairs by inches. So, I have decided to work on my 200 yard to at least 600 yard shooting to see if I can learn to at least come close to hitting a target. Being a machinist I totally understand how hard and how many variables there are to shooting at these ranges. It will be an interesting experience for sure. By the way I live in Mechanicsville, Va. and so far have applied for membership in Cavalier Rifle and Pistol Club. Thanks for reading my story.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.