New member from Oregon

gator1954

I just found this site a week ago or so and really enjoy it. I'm a long time hunter from the midwest and moved out west in 1998.
I have guided both hunters and fly fisherman for the last 11 years in Wyoming, Montana, and now New Mexico.
When I'm not guiding, I enjoy fly fishing, upland bird hunting, and elk hunting.

Redmond Rod & Gun club? No. They have a nice club, & great guys on the trap range, pretty darn short rifle range tho.
But I'm sorta particular where & how I shoot. The club rules require eye protection, & having a range officer on the days that they are open. Now I'm all for being safe, but I just can't do the whole safety glasses thing when I shoot. Let alone have a range officer tell me when, & where I can safely pull a trigger. Plus you can only shoot rifle/pistol on certain days. I toured the club, & its ok, but its just not my style.
As much as I'd like to join for the convienience, I just can't bring myself to pay $ to be told what to do when I'm shootin.

COSA has a Very nice range, & simmilar rules, however you can shoot prettymuch anytime, & the whole eye protection thing isn't enforced nearly as intensely as Redmond, plus it has a long range place equipt with gongs out to like 600??? ish if I remember right.

Typically I shoot at the public range out near COSA for pressure testing new loads, or bore sighting, then head out in the desert by Brothers to shoot as far as I want, when I want, how I want, without being crowded.

winmag....
Thanks for the info.
The Sargent-Major and I moved here this past summer, and I've seen out on Rt. 20 in the Brothers area where people shoot. My question to you, is where is the COSA public range?
Thanks again.
Gator

Head out towards Brothers from Bend. I'm gonna make a wild *** guess & say mile post 28??? ish. It's the first road you come to on the left side of the highway after topping out from the canyon & going past the rock pile on the right.
It goes by the COSA club member range gate on about 1/4 mile & then public range.

Tell the Sargent Major thanks for his or her service.

My grandpa is a Command Sargent Major- Retired. He was 187 Rakkasan, occupation forces in Japan untill Korea broke out. He went to Korea then up & told the Army to get bent when they wouldn't let him go to Nam. He pulled the plug & ended his career at 19+ yrs, but before his 20 was up.
Now he wishes he'd have just finnished his 20, especially for the retirement, but he Loved his job!! He always talks to any vetran like a long lost cousin. (especially if they were airborne:D)

Anyway, thank your husband or wife for thier service for me, & my grandpa.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.