New member from Oregon

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Mark1981, Sep 19, 2019.

Help Support Long Range Hunting by donating:

1. Mark1981

Mark1981 Member

Hello there!

I have been a long rime lurker and not much of a poster.. So here we go. My name is Mark Hay (38 years old) and I am from Coburg Oregon. I am married with three kids 13yr old boy , 9 year old boy and a 6 year old girl. I enjoy anything outdoors. Fishing, Duning, Golfing, Snowmobiling and more than anything HUNTING! I primarily archery hunt over on the east side of the state. I drew a very hard draw for Elk in NE Oregon this year. Unfortunately while scouting the unit I experienced a life changing injury and had to turn the tag back in. I absolutely plan on hunting that unit in the future. Just have to see where my recovery takes me. I'm working hard at it though!

Thanks!

Mark Hay

2. joseph singleton

joseph singleton Well-Known Member LRH Team Member

Welcome Mark,glad to have ya,sure is a awesome looking buck in your pic...Have ya in our prayers..

3. ShtrRdy

ShtrRdy Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum! Do you like to do any firearm shooting?

4. Salmonchaser

Salmonchaser Well-Known Member

Mark, let me know when you get your tag again, I spend a lot of time in the big/best three areas, be glad to assist.

5. Mark1981

Mark1981 Member

Thanks for the welcomes. Much appreciated.

Joseph - Thanks for the prayers! I was pumped to get a crack at him last year, 28 yard shot with my bow and hammered him. Wasn't completely sure I would hold it together after spotting him.. :)

ShtrRdy - I love to shoot. I archery and rifle hunt. I have three x-bolts chambered in 28 Nosler, 300WSM and 6.5 Creedmoor. I love the way they shoot.

Salmonchaser - I really appreciate that offer. I will take you up on that in fact. I spent last year and this year scouting Mt Emily and finally drew the rifle tag with 18 points. Unfortunately while actually scouting the unit i had a disk rupture in my back which contacted my spinal cord. Couple of surgeries later I'm learning how to walk again.... Crazy life.... However, I am extremely headstrong and positive so I'll beat this. And, the ODFW reinstated my points so I'm good. I do plan on applying again when I can walk a little and be out there safely! I have made a ton of progress in the last 6 weeks so I am very optimistic! I'll let you know when I draw! I did draw a SE Montana General deer tag this year as well that I was planning on going over Thanksgiving. Still hoping to recover enough to at least make the trip and do some stand hunting. Fingers crossed.

joseph singleton, Gwine and ShtrRdy like this.
  6. Liberator

Liberator Well-Known Member

Welcome ! From Eastern Washington !

7. Salmonchaser

Salmonchaser Well-Known Member

Copy that. I live high in Mt. Emily when I’m not in Alaska but have done most of my hunting In Wenaha and Walla Walla. I spent my points in Walla Walla.

26Reload likes this.
  8. 26Reload

26Reload Well-Known Member

Lots of wolves dispatched in Emily.........:D........oops...did i say that....i meant displaced in Emily........:rolleyes:.....

Salmonchaser likes this.
  9. Barrelnut

Barrelnut Well-Known Member

Welcome, Mark. Glad to hear ODFW did you right. Sincerely hoping your on your feet and hunting again soon.
    Hope to see you on the forum and keep us up to date. We will keep you entertained and ask lots more questions about that buck too. :D
    I'm up in the Oregon City area and tend to hunt Central and SE Oregon.

joseph singleton likes this.
  10. 26Reload

26Reload Well-Known Member

Should have known.....Barrelnut is a Molalla boy....

Barrelnut likes this.
  11. jebel

jebel Well-Known Member

Hey Mark, welcome.

Best on your recovery. No easy deal.

I have nowhere near your points, but I was lucky enough to draw an Ochoco elk tag this year in the random draw.

12. Gwine

Gwine Well-Known Member

Welcome. Glad to have you.

13. Heavyiron

Heavyiron Well-Known Member LRH Team Member

Welcome to LRH. Great to have you on board.

14. hunter67wa

hunter67wa Well-Known Member

welcome