New member from Oregon

Mark1981

Hello there!

I have been a long rime lurker and not much of a poster.. So here we go. My name is Mark Hay (38 years old) and I am from Coburg Oregon. I am married with three kids 13yr old boy , 9 year old boy and a 6 year old girl. I enjoy anything outdoors. Fishing, Duning, Golfing, Snowmobiling and more than anything HUNTING! I primarily archery hunt over on the east side of the state. I drew a very hard draw for Elk in NE Oregon this year. Unfortunately while scouting the unit I experienced a life changing injury and had to turn the tag back in. I absolutely plan on hunting that unit in the future. Just have to see where my recovery takes me. I'm working hard at it though!

Thanks!

Mark Hay

Thanks for the welcomes. Much appreciated.

Joseph - Thanks for the prayers! I was pumped to get a crack at him last year, 28 yard shot with my bow and hammered him. Wasn't completely sure I would hold it together after spotting him.. :)

ShtrRdy - I love to shoot. I archery and rifle hunt. I have three x-bolts chambered in 28 Nosler, 300WSM and 6.5 Creedmoor. I love the way they shoot.

Salmonchaser - I really appreciate that offer. I will take you up on that in fact. I spent last year and this year scouting Mt Emily and finally drew the rifle tag with 18 points. Unfortunately while actually scouting the unit i had a disk rupture in my back which contacted my spinal cord. Couple of surgeries later I'm learning how to walk again.... Crazy life.... However, I am extremely headstrong and positive so I'll beat this. And, the ODFW reinstated my points so I'm good. I do plan on applying again when I can walk a little and be out there safely! I have made a ton of progress in the last 6 weeks so I am very optimistic! I'll let you know when I draw! I did draw a SE Montana General deer tag this year as well that I was planning on going over Thanksgiving. Still hoping to recover enough to at least make the trip and do some stand hunting. Fingers crossed.

Thanks for the welcomes. Much appreciated.

Joseph - Thanks for the prayers! I was pumped to get a crack at him last year, 28 yard shot with my bow and hammered him. Wasn't completely sure I would hold it together after spotting him.. :)

ShtrRdy - I love to shoot. I archery and rifle hunt. I have three x-bolts chambered in 28 Nosler, 300WSM and 6.5 Creedmoor. I love the way they shoot.

Salmonchaser - I really appreciate that offer. I will take you up on that in fact. I spent last year and this year scouting Mt Emily and finally drew the rifle tag with 18 points. Unfortunately while actually scouting the unit i had a disk rupture in my back which contacted my spinal cord. Couple of surgeries later I'm learning how to walk again.... Crazy life.... However, I am extremely headstrong and positive so I'll beat this. And, the ODFW reinstated my points so I'm good. I do plan on applying again when I can walk a little and be out there safely! I have made a ton of progress in the last 6 weeks so I am very optimistic! I'll let you know when I draw! I did draw a SE Montana General deer tag this year as well that I was planning on going over Thanksgiving. Still hoping to recover enough to at least make the trip and do some stand hunting. Fingers crossed.
Copy that. I live high in Mt. Emily when I'm not in Alaska but have done most of my hunting In Wenaha and Walla Walla. I spent my points in Walla Walla.

Welcome, Mark. Glad to hear ODFW did you right. Sincerely hoping your on your feet and hunting again soon.
Hope to see you on the forum and keep us up to date. We will keep you entertained and ask lots more questions about that buck too. :D
I'm up in the Oregon City area and tend to hunt Central and SE Oregon.

Hey Mark, welcome.

Best on your recovery. No easy deal.

I have nowhere near your points, but I was lucky enough to draw an Ochoco elk tag this year in the random draw.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.