New member from Maine

300winmaginmaine

Good afternoon! Just taking a moment to introduce myself. I'm a 50+ yr. old guy who has been shooting for as long as I can remember and then some. My father being retired US Army and an avid shooter, tought me the way. Might have been 4 yrs old at the time. With the exception of indoor small bore competitive shooting in high school, I've mostly been a plinker and a relatively unsuccessfull hunter. Recently,(within the last year or so), I've had a terrible itch to do some real reach out and touch something shooting. I have a '78 era model 70 Winchester chamber in .300 win mag that I have never really put to the test. Although it is a pretty decent shooting rifle, I have it off at the gun smiths as I type, to be bedded and have the barrel floated. Unfortunately I never did any bench shooting with it, so I will have nothing to compare it to once I get into some good weather and start warming up the barrel.

Also I have a few other rifles which I use. They aren't lookers, they're users. But good ones at that.

However, I look forward to learning a lot about precision long range shooting and am more than open to suggestions as well as criticism,(thick skinned one I am). Any woords of wisdom will be appreciated.

Thanks for your time,
Ron

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.