New LRH member...longtime reader in NC

Cackalacky

I finally joined here after searching and reading this and other sites for several years. Just started a new project that I'll be posting about. 280 AI, Savage action, Criterion 1/9 barrel, Choate stock, bedded, etc., etc. I'm planning to use this in eastern NC on whitetail and black bear, hopefully up to 1000yds.

Attachments

• 0113201202.jpg
    0113201202.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 232
Thank you sir, you're about 1.5 hours west of me (Colfax). Moved here a couple years ago from Raleigh area. Still like to hunt in Beaufort county where the long range shots abound!

welcome i'm in raleigh. i grew up hunting in duplin county but dont anymore now that my grandparents have passed. i loved it down there. shots anywhere from up close to 300-400 yards depending on what stand i was in.

Welcome, from Central Kentucky! I used to live in Raleigh several years ago. Worked for the Raleigh Wake Emergency Communications Center. Congrats on the Savage .280 AI build. I did one of those last year as well. Those Criterion barrels sure are good shooters. ;)

Yes sir, I noticed Nosler liked that powder and I have some in SC version. Also wanted to try RL 23 and RL 26 as I've heard good things. We're you able to get the speed you wanted out of the H4831?

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.