New here

yuflesh

Good day everyone,

Could you please ask provide a bit of assistance to reloading newbie.

I got all the equipment I need to reload but forgot to buy a reloading book. Being that I'm very remote... Every order takes two weeks minimum.

Could you point me in the direction where I can buy hornady manual online (digital version) or provide me with couple of loads and I'll go pickup a book from Amazon or similar and wait for it to arrive

I got Savage 11 long range Hunter in 300wsm (win SHORT mag)

Federal brass (used blue box), federal primers (Magnum large), imr 4350 powder and 150gr 30 Cal interlock sp bullets (got a box of 180gr on way)

Would someone be able to give me loads for this setup (for both 150 and 180gr)

Thank you

Marko

Marko, welcome to the forum. Exactly where is remote? There is a lot of info on this forum for your loads and a lot of 300 WSM owners that can help you.

Thank you for warm welcome. I'm in Prince Rupert, BC, Canada. About 2 day drive from Vancouver... 1200 miles or so... 35 miles south of Alaska. Our mail is a bit challenged here and it takes forever. I found hornady ebook since posting this. I'm thinking about getting it. It is available for Kindle (amazon), but my Kindle app on Android will work too. Does anyone know... Same book.

Id love to hear what others are loading with 300wsm, in particular with imr and Hodgson powders.

Thank you

Marko

Thank you for warm welcome. I'm in Prince Rupert, BC, Canada. About 2 day drive from Vancouver... 1200 miles or so... 35 miles south of Alaska. Our mail is a bit challenged here and it takes forever. I found hornady ebook since posting this. I'm thinking about getting it. It is available for Kindle (amazon), but my Kindle app on Android will work too. Does anyone know... Same book.

Id love to hear what others are loading with 300wsm, in particular with imr and Hodgson powders.

Thank you

Marko

Prince Rupert is up there. Hunted bear in Northern BC with Bobby Milligan at Coastal Mountain outfitters a few years back. I'd love to go up in late winter after those awesome billy goats. I think if I lived there I would have wore myself out years ago. Lot's of hunting opportunity's and some beautiful country.

Marko my Hornady#9 says 61.4 to 69.5 of IMR 4350 for 3200 with the 150GR Interlock SP. With the 180's it says 57.2 to 66.5 for 3000.

All loads are 2.860 C.O.L. and they used WLRM primers. I personally would not start at min hornady data is always light. IMR 4350 is mentioned as their preferred powder.

Good luck and shoot straight

Bob

Thank you Bob. Billy goats are definitely on the radar for winter. This year I'm going north central bc for elk (and maybe moose). Deer is a definite possibility. Geese and ducks are plentiful there. Next year we are heading way up north, just by Yukon border for Caribou.

I've read somewhere that 65 to 68gr for 150s was right on the money.. So Ill try that to start. Thanks very much for the info.

Marko

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts