New Hawkins Precision Hunter DBM

I have Defiance Deviant Tactical xm, APA xm dbm, and two Defiance mag's. I don't know who makes the mags, I can't find anything on Defiances website, they fit good in APA dbm. Im building a 7 saum .
Have a great day
Steve

Defiance used to have a supplier for their XM mags that is no longer making them. MDT will have a solution very soon for XMs. Should be great.

We've been getting a fair number of calls and emails about the Hunter DBM and Hunter Magazine system as hunters get off the mountains and look to 2022. So we had our guy Nick fire up the camera and go over some of the features and specs of both. If you have any questions please let us know!

https://youtu.be/9ELlZdAAuIA

We've been getting a fair number of calls and emails about the Hunter DBM and Hunter Magazine system as hunters get off the mountains and look to 2022. So we had our guy Nick fire up the camera and go over some of the features and specs of both. If you have any questions please let us know!

https://youtu.be/9ELlZdAAuIA
Thank you for the update! Any idea when the XM length version/magazines will be available, and what the COAL limitations will be?

Thank you for the update! Any idea when the XM length version/magazines will be available, and what the COAL limitations will be?
Nick told me xm length m5 oberndorf and hunter dbm are in the mills now, available through dealers Q1 22, official release at COVID-SHOT 22

Hunters are promising since they should have XM flush magazines for them too! Hopefully for SAUM/PRC/etc type cartridges.
Mediums will be available for Lone Peak, Stiller, & the new Zermatt offerings. The Defiance XM is it has a shorter feedramp and has different hole spacing than the other mediums on the market. We were hoping we could make it work, but at this time our medium Hunter offerings will be for Zermatt, Lone Peak, & Stiller.

Mediums will be available for Lone Peak, Stiller, & the new Zermatt offerings. The Defiance XM is it has a shorter feedramp and has different hole spacing than the other mediums on the market. We were hoping we could make it work, but at this time our medium Hunter offerings will be for Zermatt, Lone Peak, & Stiller.
Appreciate the head's up! It's unfortunate and a little disappointing, but I can understand not wanting to offer multiple sizes. It is interesting to me that XM didn't become the standard everyone was using for actions, since it seems to be the most popular just from casual forum observation.

Last edited:
Appreciate the head's up! It's unfortunate and a little disappointing, but I can understand not wanting to offer multiple sizes. It is interesting to me that XM didn't become the standard everyone was using for actions, since it seems to be the most popular just from casual forum observation.
Lone Peak/Stiller were first out the gate to my knowledge. Seems that Defiance made the decision to be different footprint. I know zermatt chose the lone peak footprint for aftermarket suppprt.

Lone Peak/Stiller were first out the gate to my knowledge. Seems that Defiance made the decision to be different footprint. I know zermatt chose the lone peak footprint for aftermarket suppprt.
Makes sense then, if that was the order of operations. Thanks for the input! It stinks that everyone couldn't do the group a favor and just stick with the same size, assuming there weren't any major tradeoffs.