New guy in Michigan

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by flylo, Jan 23, 2014.

1. flylo

flylo Member

I love to hunt, shoot, fly, the outdoors & sharing it all with people who have never tried it. I have a bear camp in the U.P. But live downstate in SW Michigan. Because of a broken back a few years ago my mobility is a bit limited & can walk or stand less than an hour a day but I just adapt new ways to do things, no problem. I love bear hunting the best, but getting into long range shooting. Thanks for the Great site!

2. 4bycamper

4bycamper Well-Known Member

Hey Flylo

Welcome to LRH. Are you a pilot?

Sorry to hear of your back
    and Long Range Hunting is one way to solve that issue.

Enjoy

3. flylo

flylo Member

Thank you! Yes private pilot & lover of old planes. Just sold my 1938 Taylorcraft to Brazil & still have a 1947 V-Tail Beech Bonanza. Great site!

4. snox801

snox801 Well-Known Member

Welcome were about in sw Michigan. I'm in the Spring Lake area. Also tried my hand at aviation while in college. Also were is your camp in the Up. My father has land scattered around that place. If you would like a place to shoot I have a range and we could do some shooting. Enjoy.

5. flylo

flylo Member

I'm near Paw Paw west of Kalamazoo, in the UP it's west of Baraga near Silver Mountan on the north border of the Sturgeon River Wilderness Area 10 miles off the road or as my late father said "who would buy land at "the end of the earth" LOL. I have a good friend lives in Alston & we land at the little grass strip at Baraga except in the winter then at Ontanogan. Also had a farm near Mass. Great country!