New Guy in Colorado

rpg777

Greetings, just checking in here as asked. I am new to long range shooting, and sponging up all the info I can find on the topic. Particularly interested in the performance of different calibers, handloading, etc. Not a hunter but I find the discussions here still interesting--especially the notion that simply hitting a target far away ain't quite gonna do it for a hunter, that energy on-target is just as important as long-range accuracy in hunting.

Also not gonna lie, I'm trolling the for-sale items and hope to be able to offer up some items of my own that may be more useful to this crowd than they would be to pure PRS/target/ELR folks!

See you in the forums,
Rob in Durango

Greetings, just checking in here as asked. I am new to long range shooting, and sponging up all the info I can find on the topic. Particularly interested in the performance of different calibers, handloading, etc. Not a hunter but I find the discussions here still interesting--especially the notion that simply hitting a target far away ain't quite gonna do it for a hunter, that energy on-target is just as important as long-range accuracy in hunting.

Also not gonna lie, I'm trolling the for-sale items and hope to be able to offer up some items of my own that may be more useful to this crowd than they would be to pure PRS/target/ELR folks!

See you in the forums,
Rob in Durango
Welcome from SW Washington!

See you in the forums,
Rob in Durango
Welcome to the forum from Tennessee

Welcome to the forum! What kind of shooting do you like to do these days?
THanks all! These days I'm shooting 22lr and have just upgraded from a Bergara B14r to a Vudoo360--hoping to stretch it out to 300 soon. Also got a Tikka T3 in .223, thinking that shooting the 22lr to 300 is actually challenging, and so shooting .223 to 800 might be a similar challenge. =)