New guy from RI. Hunt Maine.

There are definitely wolves up there. I've seen one. Looked more like a German Shepard shaped head that a skinny pointy nose like a coyote/fox. Much larger body overall. It could have been someone's lost dog I saw but idk it was awfully ragged/skinny and looked like it had been living in the wild a long time. No collar! And that would be a big pet!
You look at videos too of the Golden Road I just watched the other day guys got footage of a black wolf standing in the gravel roadway.

You can hear a black bear running but I doubt you'd hear a "heavy one following you" but a bear could definitely go on the roof. I've hunted them and they are like woods ninjas/or a cat. Totally silent until they are suddenly there.They come up to the camps/houses and get right in the garbage or anything that smells good so I bet that's what she encountered.
Interesting. We had assumed it was a lion. Never thought about a bear. I should say she heard something in the dark and then ahe knew it was heavy because it was making the roof creak after it got up there. She never did look for claw marks getting up. Weirdest part was it had access to the sheep, who also knew it was there that was her first clue, but it didn't bother them. They were all jammed in the tightest ball they could make in the corner of the pen, maybe it thought the danger of getting trapped in there was too high. That makes more sense with a bear, cats have no problem hauling stuff away. Interesting about the wolves, and good to know. People had been insisting there were giant hybrids up there since at least the 1990s, but nobody i would trust said that, just people who repeat anything.