NEW GEAR yeeeaah

newgunner

Hey everyone thought I would pass along what I got today at Ye Old Gun Shoppe.
Annual Christmas sale I arrived at 1:45 am, first in line. Pitched a tent woke at 6 50 die hards BEHIND me. At 8:55 am door crasher giveaways the first 52 drew cards from a deck that was literally cut in half, I drew the Ace of Hearts. After all the little prizes were given away and after recieving my AWESOME shop jacket for arriving so LANGUAGE early they had a draw for a Remington 597 stainless HB-TVP shady camo laminate th stock 20" SS HB LR w/10 mag and guess who won? As the doors opened and we crashed in, still stunned by my victory and not really sure of what I had won I proceeded to purchase a Bushnell Elite 4200 2.5-10x40 Reg price $519.00 for a cool $289.00 and then I robbed Peter to pay Paul and bought a Remington 870 Express synthetic for $300. Got a free Bushnell range bag and two knives for free as well. All this and my Rem 700 SPS DM w/ Zeiss 3-9x40. Look out zombies, Bambie and Daffy. Moral of the story. The early bird does get the worm.

Last edited by a moderator:
Question to you WildRose. You seem to be very knowledgeable about gear. Do you think that is too much scope for a .22? Should I sell it make a $100 profit and go with a cheaper scope or just stay the course and keep it?

Question to you WildRose. You seem to be very knowledgeable about gear. Do you think that is too much scope for a .22? Should I sell it make a $100 profit and go with a cheaper scope or just stay the course and keep it?
I would have probably gone with something like a 3-9x50 VXII Leupold and saved a couple of hundred bucks but if you are happy with it shoot the hell out of it and be happy.

You can always put it on a more powerful rig later and downsize for the .22lr.

I just bought a rifle that's got a nice 3-9x50 VXII on it and I may just stick that on my little 10/22. It shoots great with the sights that are on it, but I shoot a lot of varmints at night with it just with the truck's headlights and I can't see them (sights) so I just have to sight down the edge of the bbl. The scope would eliminate that problem.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.