New from Upstate NY

sgtrock58

Hello all
Have been shooting and hunting over 3 decades, I like to reload, have been since 1982, for rifle, shotgun, handgun.
Am an advid handgun hunter and rifle as well. I shoot trap and skeet
Also enjoy sporter rifle, high power, bulleye pistol
NRA rifle instructor and RSO
NRA endowment member
Junior Rifle instructor for the kids in my area.
Appleseed Rifle Instructor
U.S. Army active duty for 3 yrs and National Guard of NY 20 yrs now retired.

Glad to be here and hope to learn and share what I can.

sgtrock aka Steve

Welcome to LRH, Steve.
I have been hunting and shooting at the range for quite a while myself but getting out past 300 yards was always an adventure. There is so much good experience here, I can hardly speak to it.

So have at it and don't be afraid to post some targets. :D
And thanks for your service.

Thank you 4bycamper for the welcome, and you are welcome Sir

This is an incredible site, been doing a whole lot of reading, I have a project that I am going start with an Long action Rem 700,,,
Just not sure at this point which way to go, most likely 7mm,,,

Welcome to LRH, Steve.
I have been hunting and shooting at the range for quite a while myself but getting out past 300 yards was always an adventure. There is so much good experience here, I can hardly speak to it.

So have at it and don't be afraid to post some targets. :D
And thanks for your service.

Good Choice. I an a huge fan of 7mm, with a 284 Win for practice and a 7 saum for hunting.

There are those who will tell you that the 7 mag drops off the table at 700 something yards. And I limit my shots on elk to that distance. But with deer or hogs you can go out much farther, 10000 or so.

Enjoy

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.