New from NE Montana

NEMTHunter

Howdy,

Just signed up, so i thought I would swap Howdy's!!

I enjoy hunting and just being in the field. My most fun times are when I get to help a friend or brother get there shot off and bag the game. Those are the best memory's.

Anyway I have a Winchester 670 30-06 as my all around gun. Then Remington 700 243 for varmints.

I am currently looking to change out my load for the 30-06 and will be looking into the information on this forum. Currently I am shooting the Seirra 200 grain Gameking bullet. But would like to get away for the lead tip that like to smash in the magazines with recoil.

The three bullets I am trying to choose form would be the. I am looking for a bullet that will work for 1000 and under shots. My gun might not be up to it but I would like a bullet that is.

Berger 210 VLD hunter

Nosler Accubond LR 210

and Barnes LRX 200

The Gameking has always worked good for me. I just want to get away from the lead tip. I am leaning towards the accubond LR bullet.

Thanks for the welcome in Advance!!

Greetings from the Great Falls side of the Big Sky Country!

Welcome to LRH and enjoy.

Just FYSA, the custom search located on the top right corner is an excellent tool.

Cheers!

Ed

Greetings from the Great Falls side of the Big Sky Country!

Welcome to LRH and enjoy.

Just FYSA, the custom search located on the top right corner is an excellent tool.

Cheers!

Ed

Thanks for the welcome! I was just out to great falls a couple month ago. Beautiful country for sure!

I will have to check into that search.

Well I just placed a order for the 215 Hybrids by Berger. Hope they get them back in stock so i can get them to get a load worked up! I cant wait to see how they perform. Should be a lot better then the Gameking 200 @ 750 plus.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.