New From Montana

6hangingc

Hello,
My name is Duane Culver and I'm from Sand Coulee, MT (about 35 miles from where Kirby Allen lives )
Iv'e always enjoyed like fine tuning my factory rifles to try to get them to shoot as well as I could - floating the barrel, bedding actions, and working up loads, trying to ge to that .50 MOA area. Iv'e done a fair amount of plinkilng at that 300 - 400 yd range, but I would really like to start shooting at 600 - 1000 plus. But if there's one thing I've learned while cruzing this site it's that " IV'E GOT A LOT TO LEARN".
I have and older Interarms Mark X action in 338 RM (barrels shot) that I would like to start building on (as finances allow) and start some long range deer and elk hunting and maybe even try some F-class shooting.
Any suggestions or comments on this action and caliber would be greatly appreciatied.
In the mean time I am looking at working up some new loads for my 7mm Rem Mag and 6mm Rem. and try to stretch the distances and accuracy of both. I've been looking at the Hornady V-max's because of the BC numbers but don't know anything about these bullets. Any comments?
Also I have a 222Rem that Im shooting 42gr Calhoon's out of, and only have aabout 5 rounds left but can't find my load infor from the original batch I made up several years ago. Very dissapointing because they shot very well and my memory is about as long as that 42gr bullet. Does anyone out there have a recipe for this combonation they would like to share??

Besides the wealth of information on this website, one of the things that impressed me the most is the willingness of everyone to share there knowledge. That's alot rarer than many of you might think. I am looking forward to hearing any and all replies and suggetions.

Duane

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.