New deer rifle the wife took mine!

55stone

The wife has taken over my tikka 6.5 CM for whitetail hunting. I'm looking at buying a new deer sized game and under rifle, possible just another 6.5. I'm debating branching out and getting a browning xbolt or possibly trying a Bergara. I hunted with my R700 7 rem mag this year and I just don't love the rifle and really don't need it for white tail sized game.. I love accurate rifles(who doesn't lol) and do a lot of hand loading.. the tikka is a 1/2 MOA gun even with me shooting it.. So I'm torn between getting another Tikka of some sort and probably putting a KRG bravo on it or do I give a xbolt or bergara a try. I haven't ever shot a bergara,I have messed with a xbolt in .308 that we got shooting some hand loads pretty good and took it out to 600 yards.. this will mostly be a hunting rifle with a decent amount of practice every year. I do like the idea of all the upgrade/ changes you can do for the tikka down the road, the bergara being R700 foot print is probably sim. The browning seems to be a great off the shelf hunting rifle. Anyone with a bergara how are you liking it? Any accuracy issues?
X bolt seems to be mostly positive a few "won't shoot under 2" groups" comments.
Tikka seems to mostly be complaints about the factory stock and ergo's and hardly ever a complaint about the action/accuracy.. which I totally understand owning one.. all 3 are roughy same price depending on model. $900-$1200 so price isn't really a factor.. sorry for the lengthy post..

I have a Bergara HMR B14 in 300 PRC and a HMR Pro in 6.5 Creed. Both guns shoot great with factory ammo and I have worked up loads in both that shot better. They are a bit on the heavy side but the stocks are really nice. My brother has the Browning x bolt in 6.5 creed. The gun shoots great and is lite which is nice. All depends on what's more important to you. I use the HMR Pro as a competition rifle so I like that it's a bit on the heavy side.

Happy with how our Tikka's perform in 7mm-08, stock's has never bothered us either.
I did a dyi dip for my wife's T3 with textured base coat.
My Superlite shoots better than I can, so any issues with the furniture I can live with.
1AA42E3C-BEB2-4987-9E08-AB7C9653FC09.jpeg
DA831D02-4807-46D1-9B4F-EE39F8FCEC79.jpeg

The wife has taken over my tikka 6.5 CM for whitetail hunting. I'm looking at buying a new deer sized game and under rifle, possible just another 6.5. I'm debating branching out and getting a browning xbolt or possibly trying a Bergara. I hunted with my R700 7 rem mag this year and I just don't love the rifle and really don't need it for white tail sized game.. I love accurate rifles(who doesn't lol) and do a lot of hand loading.. the tikka is a 1/2 MOA gun even with me shooting it.. So I'm torn between getting another Tikka of some sort and probably putting a KRG bravo on it or do I give a xbolt or bergara a try. I haven't ever shot a bergara,I have messed with a xbolt in .308 that we got shooting some hand loads pretty good and took it out to 600 yards.. this will mostly be a hunting rifle with a decent amount of practice every year. I do like the idea of all the upgrade/ changes you can do for the tikka down the road, the bergara being R700 foot print is probably sim. The browning seems to be a great off the shelf hunting rifle. Anyone with a bergara how are you liking it? Any accuracy issues?
X bolt seems to be mostly positive a few "won't shoot under 2" groups" comments.
Tikka seems to mostly be complaints about the factory stock and ergo's and hardly ever a complaint about the action/accuracy.. which I totally understand owning one.. all 3 are roughy same price depending on model. $900-$1200 so price isn't really a factor.. sorry for the lengthy post..

You can prevent future rifle losses to the wife by increasing "power factors"! Eventually…..you will reach her recoil limit!

Downside: you may have to purchase several rifles! ☹️
Upside: you may have to purchase several rifles! 😁 memtb

I've got a Bergara HMR in 7RM and a Xbolt in 308. The Bergara is very accurate but heavy (close to 12 lbs.) as a boat anchor ready to hunt with a reasonably light scope. The Browning is also a shooter and comes in at 7.5 lbs ready to hunt. If I'm at the range or shooting LR, the Bergara is fine. Heading to the woods to hunt deer, the Browning or other rifles get to join me.

Just roll with Tikka. Pre-fit barrels are a click away & stocks are plentiful. There really isn't any downside. There's nothing wrong with Bergara or Browning, there's just a lot more going for Tikka.

t