New CheyTac brass supplier?

ELR Researcher

Earlier today I received an e-mail from my friend Simon Lowe in the UK. He had taken the initiative to contact Peterson Cartridge Company (https://www.petersoncartridge.com/) regarding their line of brass. He asked (paraphrased), "…the max size of cases they could produce on their machinery, hoping for a vague dimensional reply that would suggest if it was big enough to make CheyTac cases."

He shared their reply (direct quote):

"Thanks for reaching out. We are beginning production now on a .338 Lapua case and should have a .375/.408 case for CheyTac chambered guns this Summer. Those would be our largest volume rifle cases."

Separately I had contacted them (Peterson) regarding their target quality level (comparison to current brands) they responded Lapua-level quality.

Regrettably, I skipped their booth at SHOT because their .338 LM brass was previously introduced (therefore nothing "new" to report) and I had no idea they had larger (volume) brass on the horizon. [There other current cases are .260 Rem, .308 Win, and .300 WinMag.] Missed opportunity.

Could be very interesting going forward, especially if Lapua-quality-level is proven out.

Tagging in on this.

When I think about Lapua brass I think of quality, consistency, and tough (as in can handle max pressure for multiple firings= better performance).
Lapua quality brass for my .408 would be great! I have some Jamison & Bertram, and the Jamison seems to be the inferior of the two as far as being about to push them. I even back the load down several grains with the Bertram to make them last longer. I consider the Bertram to be pretty decent, but if I had some "good" brass maybe I could get that 100-150 fps back and still make it last.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.