Nesika problems, now what?

I´ve used a Nesika action precisely for a 6,5-284 repeater for 2,5 years now.-< have had no problems at all.- Havent needed any customer service.

I cant speak about the Bat but the Nesika sure is nice and works well.

ALG,
What length Nesika action are you using for your 6.5/284? Is it a repeater? If so what kind of magazine are you using and what are the overall lengths of your cartridges? It seems like no one makes an action that is optimum for 6.5/284 type cartridges that are loaded with heavier for caliber bullets. As I see it, if you use a short action you have the following choices:

Seat heavy bullets (142 grain) much deeper than optimum so it will feed
Use as a single shot
Peform a fair amount of machining and use a specialty magazine to make it work.

The only other alternative is to use a standard length receiver which defeats one of the purposes for using a short case. It would be nice if someone made an action that was purpose designed around "intermediate" length cartridges. This action could be used with other rounds too, e.g., 300 WSM loaded with heavy bullets. Just curious as to which way you went on this and why.

It is a long action, with a remington hinged floorplate. I can seat the bullets way out, dont have an exact measure here but will post it later. I can seat Berger 140VLD and 140 Amax as far as I want with no problems.

I have a Nesika single shot action on my 338 Edge I built last summer and I'm very happy with it. Only change I made was install a larger bolt handle as the dinky polished one doesn't look right to my eye. I haven't checked out their website lately, but I bought my action from their in stock inventory. If I was to order an action they didn't have on hand I would probably go with someone else though.

Oh, I did remember one detail about that action. When it came in, it had a standard boltface rather than the magnum. They immediately shipped the proper bolt with the helical flute upgrade at no cost.

Pretty good customer service, but that was 1 1/2 years ago.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.