Nesika...continuing availability?

Brown Dog

Discussing Nesika actions (and complete rifles) with a pal. He was under the impression that they had gone bust(or were about to) having, he thought, been bought by a larger company that 'fell over'.

I'm unsighted on this...anyone know whether he's correct?

The way I heard it, they were absorbed by Dakota. Dakota filed chapter 11 in 2006. This does not mean they are bust, only re-organizing.

Just got one with their new address in Sturgis, SD stamped on it.-arrived in the EU by beginning 2006.

hi
i talked to Richard spurell and as far as i can make out they are UN affected by the problems.
and it is business as normal.
and i dealt with them just the other day.
just a small component not a action this time.
when i had mine done 6 x nesika k barreled actions i found it better to have ether a barreled action or a action sent over. because if you have the stock bedded then they paint the stock as they will not send out a job with a bedding mark around the edge of the action.and it works out very expensive.
thanks
Colin

All,
Thanks. ...the misunderstanding must arise from the translation of "Chapter 11" (whatever that is /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif!) into Brit-speak...it must have been understood here as 'bankruptcy'.

Colin,

I'm very keen to learn how you're bringing your actions in. If you'd be prepared to share the method (ie who's doing the paperwork etc for you; which RFD to use etc) I'd be very grateful; please drop me a line at [email protected] ...I've noted the point about getting a barrelled action rather than whole rifle.

Thanks

Matt

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.