Neighbors

Muddyboots

We all complain at times about neighbors. And yet, we are BLESSED to have a neighbor that came to our door this evening in heavy snow carrying a large picnic style tote. She has a large family of 6 kids but yet found time to bring home made chicken soup, canned sweet pickles (OMG!) and canned applesauce when she found out I had the flu. She walked about 300 yds in heavy snow to bring this to us. OMG, how can I even explain the emotion for this level of kindness. When you watch the crappy news and this happens you get reminded there are warm caring folks out there that really do care about each other.

Seems this is one of those special moments in your life that you sit back and realize how much you appreciate friendships. Neighbor up road just plowed our driveway. Its hard not to have eyes well up when we get text "too cold out here! Stay warm! Merry Christmas!". I really am at loss of words which is not very often. I have been feeling really down about the direction of our country's values and now believe there is still light in tunnel.

Merry Christmas everyone!