Neighbors Pets

Gimpy

Hi,

I live on 10 acres in California and was wondering what caliber would be good for a 400 yard shot for this neighbors cat that comes running around messing with my chickens and tearing up my lawn chairs while im at work. I feel he needs a to be punished permanently ill note ive already tryed a dog hes a panzy and doesnt seem to like chasing cats however this little bugger has cost me over 200 bux in lawn furniture and 4 chickens over the past week Im also a moose and elk hunter.

I was thinking of getting a 300Rum thats at one of my local gun stores thats a 26" barrel stainless Savage with a leupold Vx-II
4x12x40mm A/O please let me know your thoughts are thanks.

-Gimpy

A good way to get that pest while your away at work, is to set 2 leg hold traps about a foot apart and below ground level or just so the jaws are at ground level. Make sure the traps are not in an area where your animals can get in them. Cover the jaws and chain with leaves and put an open can of tuna in between the two traps. If that don't work, set four traps with the tuna in the middle.

Works most everytime.

People who own cats should be required to keep them pinned up or on chains just like dogs must be.

High pressure 22 Pellet guns at close range works nice to.
Quite and stelthy.
grin.gif
grin.gif

Cats are not safe just "walking" through my property.

Later
DC

[ 10-14-2003: Message edited by: Darryl Cassel ]

Also got a call from a local farm that had 5 pigs out.They chased them for a few weeks.My dad told them about Jessie.They called me...It took 2 hours.But she caught them all.
grin.gif

That Jason is a Pit Bull...
shocked.gif
grin.gif
She runs rabbits,trees coon and flushes birds.Used to run her with my Blue Tic when coon hunting....And she just picked it up.She is fast on the ground and trees them quick.Which is a good thing.She will bark treed.But only yips when trailing.

[ 10-14-2003: Message edited by: Boyd Heaton ]

Gimpy antifreeze works great for cats just keep your critters away from it. A five gallon bucket with a hole cut in the lid and a can of cat food or tuna and a 160 conobear trap over the hole will snap his neck like a twig. That setup is good for skunks too. Use apples for woodchucks. These methods work good where a rifle can't be employed. Other than that any good varmint round will dispatch him at 400yds. I hate when the neighbors have 500 cats and let them run all over.

Boyd email me directions to your place and your ph #--i have to come down to mill hall speed and custom to order a cap for my new truck in the next week or so so i can get them then.

JB

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.