Need RL16/130gr Berger VLD/6.5 creed data

5.56×250

Hello fellas ! First thread starter for me here on the LRH .
Treat me like a noob cause I have been out of the loadin loop for about 18 yrs.
I just finished a DIY remage build in 6.5 creedmoor and I'm just about ready to see if I can make it shoot with some " home rolled " ammo.
After a little research I've settled ( ordered and received ) some Berger 130 VLD hunters and target bullets , some H4350 and RL16 powder, and CCI lr br primers. I also picked up a Berger reloading manual, a Forster micro adjust seating die, Redding S type full length sizer, and a Forster hand held neck turner.
I'm still shooting on 4 boxes of Norma factory target loads that will be my starter brass.
I can find pages of load data for the H4350, but not much on the RL16 , at least not in the Berger book. I'd like to hear what some of the load gurus on here have done with the RL16 in the 6.5 creed . I'd be proud to get any other advise or observations on what I'm starting too. Thanks.

Thanks Cohunter. I guess a smart man would look for the powder manufacturers data . I sometimes forget how easy info is to find these days by pushing buttons.

Is that in the creed , silverbullet ? If so, where does it start getting compressed ?
Correct, creedmoor and of course it depends on the brass. Hornady gives a lot more space vs something like Peterson. I ran into pressure signs before things ever got to crunchy though so I'm not entirely sure where it would get noticeably compressed. I hit pressure at 43.5 with a 140 SST in Peterson brass but can go a grain higher with hornady before I hit the same pressure signs.

Gotcha.....I'm going to run Norma brass, at least to start with . I liked lapua brass back in the stone age when I last loaded 223 stuff. I know it's usually thick . I planned to just shoot factory ammo when this project started, but wanted to take advantage of good quality brass in the factory stuff, just in case . I barely have a box of ammo through the barrel, and I'm already back knee deep in loading ammo again. I need to get busy polishing up this barrel with the 60 or so factory rounds I have left and I will be pulling the handle again. It's like a slot machine, pull the handle and see if you have a winner , lol.
Thanks again for the recipes !

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.