Need Quick Advice

deerassassin22

So I want to start neck turning/Skimming for my Browning AB3 300 Win Mag. So without starting a debate on why it is or is not worth doing.

So the Question/Problem

I went to put my brass (Fired in this Barrel) into the expander Mandrel and it was really loose. So in my mind I though hugh to get it more uniform I will neck size it then expand it which I did to make them all uniform in size. Fit the expander all nice and and snug and expanded them all to the same size. So then I set my neck trimmer just to skim a little all the way around or "orange peel" as some call it. Worked nice well sitting here I notice you can see that it really didn't hit the area I neck sized even though I expanded them all so the difference is like .002.

Part II

So having seen the above should I just take my once fired brass that was fired in this gun and skim turn without doing what i did above?

Side not the K&M Neck Turner setup is SWEET

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts